St. Therese, Pray for Us.


January 28th, I went to the Immaculate Conception Cathedral in Malolos with Luwi and Tina immediately after work. I insisted on the sudden trip because I want to have the honor of venerating the Class A relic of one of the most famous saints in the Catholic faith, St. Therese of Lisieux

Truth is, I do not know much about her stories and miracles; but I have enough faith in her to know that if I ask her, she would grant the deepest requests of my heart. I lifted my intentions up to the Lord through her intercession, and put all my trust in them.




St. Therese is the patron saint of the sick, especially those afflicted with Tuberculosis. That was the disease she wholeheartedly embraced, after all. She is also the patron saint of florists and flower growers, loss of parents, missionaries, AIDS sufferers, bodily ills, and more. You can see the full list here.

As I laid my hand on the glass casket in which the relic is placed, I prayed for miracles. For my grandmother, for my family, for Aldrich, and for my friends. I asked for peace, strength and courage that we may all get through whatever as one. I asked for forgiveness and the ability to forgive and understand that everything has reasons. I asked that her idea of 'The Little Way' be imbued on me so I may practice the same. 

I also took the chance to pray for myself. My mom used to tell me that if I want to ask for guidance when it comes to love and marriage, prayers to St. Therese of Child Jesus will help. So I asked for guidance and courage that I may walk to my destiny wholeheartedly. I told her to show me signs so I may understand and accept whatever His plans are for me. 


It was a great decision to follow our impulse and come there. Aside from the fulfillment that washed through me as I knelt before the altar of the Cathedral, the three of us had a really great time bonding with each other. I guess St. Therese wanted that too. 

To those who wish to venerate the pilgrim relic, you can see the schedule HERE.


NOVENA ROSE PRAYER TO ST. THERESE
O Little Therese of the Child Jesus
Please pick for me a rose from the heavenly gardens
and send it to me as a message of love.
Oh Little Flower of Jesus, ask God today
to grant the favors I now place in confidence
in your hands.
St. Therese, help me to always believe as you did, 
in God's great love for me
so that I might imitate your 'Little Way' each day.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment