Digging a Goldmine

WRITTEN: April 12, 2011


I don’t have a job. I don’t have something to regularly give me money to support my family and this fandom. I cannot ask my parents because they depend only on my father’s monthly pension amounting to 5,000 pesos a month. (My mom’s was taken in lump sum and we’re using it now to renovate the house, after almost two decades.)
But obviously, I’m getting by. I find money and I am able to continue doing what I used to. Although it’s not like the usual all-out giving, I still can support my needs and luxuries.
You know how?
I believe I’ll find money and I get it.
Come on, it’s not like magic. Money doesn’t just appear when I want it. Truth is: I work hard on thinking where I can find it and what shall I do to get it.
For three months that I am unemployed, I learned the value of determination. Yes, I knew about it but only recently did I fully understand what it really means; and how it really is. Determination is finding a dream and doing everything –seriously doing it – to get it done. Even if it means having to walk from a place to another, not sleeping in order to meet deadlines, or even collecting junks to sell.
The greatest challenge lies in combating my laziness. Fighting the temptation to slack off and just spend the whole day on Tumblr and Facebook or with fangirling over Super Junior is the most difficult thing to do. But sacrifices are needed to gain pleasure. If I won’t cut my time on my wants, how can I satisfy my needs?
Right now, I am clear with my dreams. I know what I really want. I want to go to Seoul and I want to buy my mom a baking oven. I also would like to come up with a restaurant business at home. It’s that simple. It’s that attainable.
That’s the key there. Start dreaming on attainable things. Test yourself first. Then when you get to fulfil those dreams already, take one step higher. And you’ll never know, you’re on top already. It’s no longer the time to be the damsel in distress waiting for a prince charming anymore. Fairy tales are not true. We have to start being realistic.
***
I don’t know if I am making sense. I have just read a book and I thought it would be great to share it to you. It’s Bo Sanchez that I’m reading, and all of you should really know who he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment