A Very Late Post: Singapore Trip (Day 1)

This is so late but I just want to share my experience with my first out-of-the-country trip; and my destination? *drumroll* The beautiful city of Singapore!

It was actually an impulsive decision. Due to the fact that Manila won't be a stop for Super Junior's Super Show 4, we decided to go to Singapore to watch the concert. It was a pretty stupid thing to do, for some. But for me, who had been a fan of Super Junior for five years now, it's worth it.

Tiger Airways had a promo back then and Ate Christine (a good friend from Olongapo City) helped us book tickets. We departed from Diosdado Macapagal International Airport in Clark, Pampanga; and it was really a nice experience.

Here are some of the pictures we took on the first day:

It was quarter to 5AM when we reached the airport from Olongapo, and imagine how pissed off we were when we were told that our flight was delayed. Anyway, while waiting, we paid our Travel Tax (1,200php) and Terminal Fee (600php) which we believe were unnecessary because 1) it's only in the Philippines, and 2) our airports are considered some of the worsts. >.<

Anyhow, it feels good to have my passport stamped.


At the pre-departure area, we were fooling around because there was this foreigner behind us who would talk to every other foreigner and boast of just whatever. It was funny but it was annoying at the same time, considering that he was really, really boisterous.

During the plane ride, I was totally stiff. I was just holding onto my rosary, praying for our safety. But then the clouds somehow relaxed me. Since I was a kid, I've always wondered how clouds look like, up-close. And now, I could say that they really look like fluffy cotton balls. I wonder what San Gokou feels everytime he rides the Kington cloud though.

We landed on the budget terminal of Singapore but it really didn't feel like it was close to a budget airport because it was really beautiful in there. We had to ride the shuttle bus to the main terminal so we could get to the train to the city.


Coming from the airport, you have to get off the Tana Merah Station and change lines to the main city.

As we reached the backpackers' inn where we stayed at, I had to leave to meet my boss. I traveled alone and it was an awesome experience! The train system in Singapore is very efficient and stations are like malls to me! 

Anyway, Ms. Jem and I then went to Sentosa Island where we watched the Songs of the Sea. If I had known that she would pay for my ticket, I should have told her that I want to go to the Universal Studios or at the Underwater Lagoon. ^.^

It was just sad that I wasn't able to take pictures of the Songs of the Sea because I was really dumbfounded with the presentation. It was superb, and certainly a must-see. 10SGD per ticket. 

I'll be posting Day 2 in a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment