Mahal na Poong Nazareno, Ipanalangin Mo Kami.


On the 26th of April, I was surprised to know that the replica of the miraculous Jesus of Nazarene had arrived at the Parish of St. Francis of Assisi. It still took me by surprise, in spite of the repeated announcement about it for the past two weeks. Perhaps, I really just feel so unprepared whenever something this big come to us.

To be honest, I feel lucky. The fact that the image visited my parish made me feel special as a parishioner. Although I am not really a devotee of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo, it felt flattering that He was the one who visited me, us, in Meycauayan.

I couldn't make it on the first night so I went there at Saturday with Luwi. Upon seeing it enthroned in the altar of the church, I became prouder than ever. As I get close, I just thought that I want to pray. I need to pray. 

So I did.

I don't know if I should thank the stubborn kid who kept on selling me handkerchiefs or not, because if it wasn't for him, I would have gone crying as I whisper my prayers. I had nothing in mind there but for me to be okay. The pain has taken its toll obviously. I need a miracle to get over it.

And I think He is now answering my prayers.


Maraming salamat, Mahal na Poong Nazareno. 
Maawa Ka sa amin.

No comments:

Post a Comment