SPAZZ ATTACK: I'M GROWLING

RELEASED AT 12MN KST AND IT'S ONLY NOW THAT IT'S FINALLY SINKING IN ON ME. 

EXO'S BACK AND THEY'RE GROWLING LIKE FUCK.

HATERS BURN.


I didn't even know it's set to be released today. I was too busy to notice. As I don't have plans to watch the KPOP Republic since I don't have money, I decided to stay away for a while. But one music video and I'm back on my knees.

Forget the fact that all of them are fucking sizzling in those uniforms. Leave behind the truth that they were both hot and cool in this video. Set aside the reality that this is yet the sexiest video and song from EXO. We're gonna focus on choreography for the review, baby.

Before the comeback, I've come across several tweets and issues bashing the group. I don't know how they arrived at such ridiculous conclusion but apparently, they were so convinced that EXO is nothing more than a visual group. They are so into convincing others too that these 12 boys are 'talentless' - which I so beg to disagree.

To be fucking honest, I pity them for being blinded. And I think this song's choreography's gonna be the best way to prove them wrong.

It has always amused me how EXO makes it seem like their steps are as easy as the gwiyomi shit but the dance routines for this song just brought such amazement into a higher level. The footwork isn't as complicated as the MAMA era and the moves aren't as strong as those in WOLF, but GROWL obviously requires stronger abdomen and stronger pair of thighs.

There are three parts in the dance routine which has completely taken me in awe: 1) the way they rolled and switch their legs on the chorus part and then quickly got up to move; 2) THE WHOLE CHOREO IN THE RAP PARTS especially the body turn-drop and the Only One step; and 3) everything else actually.

Basically, the choreography requires quick movements which those who aren't trained enough won't be able to comply well. Plus, the locks and leveling aren't easy. But look, the supposedly 'talentless' EXO boys pulled it so fine... if it's not even perfect.

And I just have to point out that it's fun to see that the caps get incorporated in the routine. DAEBAK.

At this point, let me not just congratulate the boys. Let me mention the choreographers too. I think Gregory Hwang's the main brain here as I often associate sexy body locks like this with him. He's really a treasure, and I mean it. 

Aside from the choreography though, what freaking makes this music video a lot more special is the fact that you cannot film this by cuts. Unless you want the video editor to curse you to death. Therefore, there is no room for mistakes when they filmed this. Every flaw must have resulted to going back to the first step. Tiring, it must have been. 

But it took them 13 hours to film how many videos? Add to that the time for make up, set preparation, and breaktimes. Therefore, we can assume that filming the video itself didn't take so much time. Meaning, they must have really gone through it professionally and exceptionally. 

Proof?


Burn yourselves, haters.

No comments:

Post a Comment