Slow but Sure

Over and over again, I have to remind myself to take things slow. And sometimes, it gets tiring and frustrating that I couldn't seem to develop the virtue of patience. It annoys me often that I couldn't seem to focus on one thing alone, perhaps because I've been trained hard to multi-task.

But for the nth time, I will concede on the necessity of learning how to live life slowly. I have learned a long time ago that doing so allows me to see what exactly makes living worth it. Like when walking in the park, it allows me to see and experience all the beautiful things which I don't think I can pay attention to if I'm rushing. It makes me appreciate everything more.

Also, slowing down allows me to have more time to think of my actions. I also have the tendency to be very impulsive and sometimes, it does me no good. Whenever I take things slow, I get the time to think of the possible repercussions of my every action; and I think that for a person who aims to never regret, this is clearly a necessity.

Lastly, slowing down leads me to actually finish things. I get to follow my to-do list and really focus on what I have to do. This gives me the chance to master my crafts; and it's probably the best thing of all, considering that being a Jack of All Trades but a Master of None kind of depresses me.

Over and over again, I have to remind myself to take things slow. And I think everyone should do so too. Life is too short, so as they say; but that's exactly the point. Life is too short so why not cherish everything that's worth it? Remember: Life should not just be about trying everything just for the sake of experiencing it. It's about figuring out what and where you're best at so that you can have at least one thing to be proud of.

And you cannot do that when you're in a rush.

No comments:

Post a Comment